12 Steps to Chant the Mantra While doing Sun Satulation| Surya Namaskar
Surya namaskar or Sun Satulation for beginners
Sun Satulation or Surya Namaskar Sequence chart
1. Stand on a blanket or carpet facing the sun. Keep your knees, toes and heels together.
2. Keep the waist, back, neck, spine and head erect. Bend both your arms at the elbow; bring both palms in the manner of doing salutation.
This is the final stage of this first kriya.
- Inhale and raise both your hands upwards. Retain your breath and bend backward from the waist.
- Stretch the entire body as much as possible along with the legs. This is the final stage of the second kriya.
- Exhale and bend forward. Put your palms slowly on the ground by the side of your feet.
- Keep all your fingers and toes straight. The legs should also be straight. Touch your knees with your head.
- This is the final stage of the third kriya.
- Keep both palms on the ground as is done in the third kriya. Inhale.
- Stretch the left leg backward as far as possible.
- Sit on your bended right leg.
- Push the chest forward.
- Bend the neck backward and look towards the sky.
- This is the final stage of the fourth kriya.
- Straighten both your arms and put the palms firmly on the ground. Exhale.
- Stretch the right leg backward.
- Now keep both legs parallel.
- Let both palms, heels, knees remain together.
- The weight of the whole body should be on the toes and palms.
- Stretch the whole body.
- Keep your hands and palm on the ground after breathing out.
- Now put your head, chest and knees on the ground by bending the arms at the elbows.
- Come to the position of doing Astang Pranam.
- In Astang Pranam all eight limbs touch the ground.
- Eight limbs are as follows: 2 palms, 2 knees, 2 heels, chest and head.
- Continue to keep the palms firmly on the ground.
- Inhale and straighten your arms.
- Lift the body up to the navel region.
- Push the chest forward.
- Take the neck backward.
- Look towards the sky.
- Stretch the legs backward.
- I ,et the heels face the sky. Come to the position of Bhujangasan.
- Keep the palms firm on the ground.
- Inhale and lift your buttocks.
- Keep the head in between your arms.
- Place the heels, toes on the ground.
- Stretch the waist backward.
- Keep both legs straight together from the toes to the waist.
- Exhale fully. Pull in the stomach.
- Keep the palms firmly on the ground.
- Inhale and bring the left leg forward bending it at the knee.
- Put the left leg near the palm and come to the position of the fourth kriya of the Surya namaskar.
- In the fourth kriya, the right leg is stretched backward.
- Push the chest up.
- Bend the shoulders. Look towards the sky.
- Keep both palms firm on the ground.
- Keep also the right leg parallel to the left leg, fixed on the ground.
- Exhale and come to the position of the third kriya of Surya namaskar.
- Place the head on the knee.
- Inhale and stand straight.
- Raise your hands upwards.
- Hold your breath.
- Bend the back, neck, head and arms backwards.
- Come to the position of the second kriya of Surya namaskar.
- Extend the entire body alongside the legs beyond what many would consider possible.
- Exhale fully and stand straight.
- Keep your hands and palms folded on the chest in the form of doing salutation.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Satulation Benefits
1. If every day doing the Surya Namaskar asana, its makes you fit in very sort time.
2. You feel very light and back bone adjacent muscle gets energies.
3. Heart, lungs etc. organs working very efficiently.
4. This asana must do before you going to practice other asana, by this process you will get better result. It brings energy to doing other exercise or asana and removes body inertness.
5. If you are about to suffer from some sort tonsillitis or throat problems, this is a good cure.
6. These asana is useful for all stomach ailments, including digestion and constipation.
Generally, do this yoga poses five to ten times for five times in a week, you will soon see the difference both to your body shape and your confidence level.
Yoga: Physiotherapy for mind. Physiotherapy is a credible, professional natural medicine option that is available to all. The goal of fitness physiotherapy is to improve quality of life by physical means.• Relaxation plays in a key roll in leading a healthy happy life.